Jan 25, 2016
Volatility Review: Another volatile week - volatility still
readily apparent in the marketplace.
- VVIX: 109
- VIX futures
- Russell’s weekly rundown: What weekly VIX options activity
caught your eye this week?
- VIX options: 20,000 VIX Feb 20 puts (expiring 2/17); VIX
feb30/40 call spread trades (expiring 2/17) 18,500 mid-market;
total 3.84m (2.55m calls, 1.28m puts)
- Crude oil: Oil rose from its lowest close in more than 12 years
as investors tried to pick a bottom after government inventory
data. OIV: 66; OVX: 66
Volatility Voicemail: Listener questions and comments
- Question from Pick6 - The VIX is mean reverting with a
long-term mean around 20. Does that mean reversion quality make it
a good candidate for selling iron condors and iron
- Comment from Envigon - Steak or no steak? What’s the deal?
Crystal Ball: Waiting on rate hikes until Europe/China/Japan
lifts off the gas pedal. How many times will the Fed raise rates
this year? Sebastain sets the over/under at 1. Russell says it will
be zero. Mark says don't count out Q4, but is leaning towards zero.
Jared says it will be two. Is there more steak at stake?