Jan 22, 2018
Volatility Review: Government shutdown moves the market going
into the weekend. VIX cash is firmly back in the double digits.
Russell's Weekly Rundown:
- ADV - 746k, VIX call/put - 4.6, Total 10.1m (8.29m Calls, 1.82m
- Looking back on the VIX whale from last Wednesday.
- Earnings volatility this week.
- January has been a rough month for Bitcoin.
Volatility Voicemail: Options question of the week.
Bitcoin futures are currently trading around $11,500. If options
existed, how would you trade them? Assuming one-month to expiration
- Buy 5% OTM Call
- Buy 5% OTM Put
- Sell 5% OTM Covered Call
- Just Short the Future
Listener questions and comments:
- Comment by TradingProverbs - "More money has been lost trying
to anticipate and protect from corrections than actually in them."
- Peter Lynch
Crystal Ball: Government shutdown related prognostication
- Mark L. - 9.55
- Andrew - 9.95
- Kevin - 9.75
- Mark L. - 10.55
- Mark S. - 10.00
- Russell - 11.99
- Matt - 11.50